Mrs. Baron's Announcements 09/05/21
Good Evening Kellar Families,
This is Mrs. Baron with your weekly announcements. I want to acknowledge all of our hardworking Kellar students and teachers. They are doing a marvelous job with learning, academics, procedures, etc... Keep up the great work! Click here to read Kellar's newsletter for the month of September.
Check out all the Kellar colt's gear available @ the online store. There are so many styles and colors of clothing to choose from and masks, tumblers, and lanyards are available too! Orders must be placed online by Sunday, September 19th @ 11:59PM.
Donuts with Dad Postponed
Unfortunately, Donuts with Dad scheduled for Sept. 9th & 10th has been postponed due to the rising number of Covid cases in the area. Our priority is to keep our students, families/friends, and staff safe and our school open.
Pick-up and Drop Off Reminders
- When dropping off or picking up your child, drive south on Mt. Hawley which will allow a right turn into Kellar’s parking lot. This will prevent congestion and backup on Knoxville Ave. The intersection of Mt. Hawley/Knoxville Ave. will be closed during these times. Cars will be able to access Mt. Hawley off Giles Ln.
- Do not pull in the first or second entrance to drive down by the entrance during arrival and dismissal times. The front of the school parking lot is strictly to be used for loading and unloading buses during these times.
- During after school pick up, please remain in your vehicle until 3:35. This will allow for all of our students to arrive outside safely before parent pick-up takes place. Also, in the outer parking area, drive with the flow of traffic instead of trying to go against it.
Thank you to everyone for all your help and cooperation in these matters continuing to make Kellar safe for our students, staff, and families.
If your child is a walker, these are the steps that Mrs. Olson follows:
- All walkers will be called to the gym at 3:35 and walked across the street by 3:40
- Mrs. Olson uses a check off list for roll call to line up students.
- Students are walked across the street using the flashing lights and the handheld stop sign. (The pick-up place for walkers is across the street from Kellar on Mt. Hawley by the gate opening/crosswalk.)
- When a child's pickup person is there, they will walk in front of the parking blocks to cars or to their parent/guardian on the sidewalk.
- Each child must say good-bye to Mrs. Olson so she knows they are leaving and safe.
- Mrs. Olson stays across the street until ALL children are safely picked up.
- If any students are still not picked up, she will walk them to the office and contact parents to find out a solution.
Pick Up Procedure for Inclement Weather
- Parents please park on blacktop or main parking lot. Exit vehicles and proceed to Entrance #4, which is the entrance at the end of the white lines where the students currently line up.
- At 3:40 doors will be opened, and you will proceed to the cafeteria to pick up your child(ren). Everyone above the age of 2 years old must please wear a mask when entering the building.
- Students will be seated at the tables as follows when entering the cafeteria: 01) Right side upon entering- 4th, 3rd, and Kindergarten, 02) Middle- 1st, and 03) Left side upon entering- 2nd
- Please use the exits at the back of the cafeteria. Proceed with caution upon exiting the blacktop or main parking lot.
Just a reminder that Kellar will have periodic COVID-19 testing conducted at our school. 20% of students in the building will be administered a COVID-19 test every three weeks. This means your student will only be tested a couple times a semester. Kellar will notify parents/guardians that their student was COVID-19 tested that day. Please call the school if you have any questions or concerns.
Remember no School on Monday. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend and we will see everyone on Tuesday! We are safe, we are responsible, and we are respectful because WE ARE KELLAR!
Dates to Remember:
September 6: No School- Labor Day
September 9 & 10 Donuts with Dad - Cancelled
September 16: Kellar Picture Day
September 17: Progress Report 1 grading period ends
September 22: Progress Reports sent home with students
September 23: Parent University @ YMCA 5-8 pm
September 29: SIP Day - Half day for students
October 19: Parent/Teacher Conferences 4-7pm
October 20-22: Fall Break - No School