Senior Graduation Checklist
RICHWOODS SENIOR GRADUATION CHECKLIST – 2020
Senior Semester Exams: All seniors are waived from regular 4th quarter exams. Seniors enrolled in IB or AP courses must take their assigned exams for those programs at the assigned time (including some IB exams that are scheduled after May 8th).
Senior Honors Day:
- Rehearsal – Thursday, April 30- Main Gym from 1:00 – 2:30
- Senior Honors Day – Friday, May 1st - Main Gym from 8:00 – 10:00
- Students should dress to impress
- Seniors report to auditorium promptly at 7:45 AM
Seniors Last Day of School: Friday, May 8th
Senior Six Flags Trip: Saturday, May 9th
- Overnight trip
- Watch weather and bring appropriate clothing to stay warm
- RHS Check-in from 4:30 – 5:15 in Main Gym
- All bags will be searched – No open liquids allowed
- Any inappropriate behavior or items will be subject to removal from trip without refund
- Students may bring their own snacks on buses – Snacks will not be provided on buses
- Ticket includes admission to park, unlimited rides, and food/drink at park
- Buses depart RHS on Saturday, May 9th at 5:30 PM and return to RHS Sunday morning at approximately 8:30 AM
- Students will be searched upon entering park. No liquids/food can be brought into the park
- Any behavior issues will be handled by Park Police
- Chaperones include teachers and 2 RHS administrators
Senior Credit Recovery:
- Last day for Senior Credit Recovery is Monday, May11th at 4:30 PM. All courses/credits must be complete in order to participate in the graduation ceremony
Graduation Practice: Friday, May 15th 10:00 AM - Noon (Details below)
- Practice is mandatory (Unless completing an IB/AP exam)
- Practice begins at RHS gymnasium at 10 am
- After this is complete, everyone will board school busses and be transported to RHS feeder middle/primary schools for the Annual Parade of Graduates at noon finishing by 1:00 pm.
- DO NOT MAKE HAIR OR OTHER APPOINTMENTS BEFORE 1:30 ON FRIDAY, MAY 15th.
- The senior group photo will be taken at exactly 10:30 AM.
- Seniors must be on time and at the entire graduation practice in order to participate in the graduation ceremonies.
- Seniors must also wear their cap, gown, sash and tassel for the picture at 10:30 AM.
RHS Graduation: Saturday, May 16th 4:00 – 5:15 pm
- Graduates must report to the RHS back gym at 3:15 pm
- No parents/family allowed in back gym
- Graduation: Saturday May 16 @ Richwoods 4:00 pm
- Plan A: Outside Ceremony at Richwoods Football Stadium 4:00 pm
- Unlimited Tickets
- Plan B: If weather is an issue, the ceremony will be moved to the main gym
- Each graduate will receive 8 tickets ahead of time
- Only ticket holders will be allowed in the gymnasium ceremony
- Any non-ticket holders may watch a live stream ceremony in the auditorium
- Graduates should be dressed appropriately and have cap, gown, tassel, and sash
Graduation Dress Requirements: DO NOT BRING PURSES OR CAMERAS TO GRADUATION!
NO GUM –
Ladies: light colored dress or dress slacks and dress shoes
No flowers or corsages - No tennis shoes please
Gentlemen: long trousers, shirt, tie (optional), socks, dress shoes - No tennis shoes please
Paying Senior Fees:
All senior fees must be paid on or before 8:15 AM on Thursday, May 14th. Outstanding fees are on Family Access and will also be included on progress reports & report cards. Contact our treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org for any inquiries or payment arrangements. Please see Mr. Elliott, prior to the deadline, if there is a problem meeting this deadline. Payment plans are available. All outstanding debts will be sent to collections as of June 1st by Peoria Public Schools.
Tickets for Graduation:
- See above
- Doors open at approximately 3:00 PM
Graduation or Commencement Ceremonies are governed by Board Policy
- Only prescribed caps and gowns may be worn.
- Formal behavior during ceremonies will be the expected standard. (Rvd. 4-2015)