Congratualations to Pat Horvitz on being named Exemplary Teacher
Patricia Horvitz, a Business and Technology teacher at Richwood High School was selected to participate in the Illinois Career and Technical Education Innovative Curriculum Resources Project 2019 Exemplary Teacher Program. Patricia Horvitz was selected as one of Illinois’ exemplary professionals based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Pedagogy--this professional works well with students. They have an appropriate relationship with everyone and is respected and effective. They somehow seem to rise above discipline problems and have created an excellent environment for learning.
- Curriculum--this professional has developed (or compiled) engaging and interesting curriculum that integrates content from several academic disciplines into their own.
- Community relations--this professional has a great reputation in the community (including parents) and enjoys their support.
- Business and Industry Partnerships--this professional has created a dynamic support group from local leaders and regularly looks to them for input in curricular decisions.
- Assessment--this professional knows how their students are doing in an accurate and authentic manner.
- Technical Ability--this professional is skilled in the technical aspects and safe conduct of the workplace.
- Peer interaction--this professional works well and is respected by other teachers and administrators including counselors.
The nomination and selection process for the exemplary teachers was completed by the teacher’s Career and Technical Education Regional System Director.
Over 50 of Illinois’ exemplary teachers participated in the professional development program on February 15-16, 2019 in Bloomington, Illinois. This program was developed to further the leadership capability of these exemplary teachers and featured Dr. Michael K. Daugherty from the University of Arkansas.
The goal of the exemplary teacher program is to foster the development of teacher-leaders who can effectively share their expertise with others.
The exemplary teachers will have the opportunity to participate in several events planned throughout the next year to help them further develop as teacher-leaders.
For more information about the program and the Illinois Career and Technical Education Innovative Resources Project, please visit ilcte.org.