Those Who Excel nomination packets available
The nomination packet for the 2019 – 2020 Those Who Excel Awards including the Donald M. Phares Classroom Teacher of the Year award are now available. The deadline to submit nominations is Monday, March 25, 4 p.m.
Award categories are:
- Student Support Personnel (Licensed)-School nurse, psychologist, social worker, school counselor, media/librarian/audio visual, or speech/language therapist who spends more than 50 percent of time in the indicated field.
- Educational Service Personnel (Unlicensed) - Includes aides, cafeteria workers, custodians, secretaries, bus drivers, crossing guards, and others.
- School Board Member/Community Volunteer - Only one may be nominated per district (either school board member or community volunteer).
- Classroom Teacher (Licensed) - Preschool, elementary, junior high/middle, or high school teacher who spends more than 50 percent of the time instructing students (includes reading specialists).
- School Administrator-District superintendents, assistant superintendents, principals, assistant principals, coordinators, directors, or others whose responsibilities are more than 50 percent administrative. Districts may nominate only one in this category.
- Team-Includes, for example, teams of teachers or administrators, civic organizations, parent organizations, school boards, booster clubs, etc.
- Early Career Educator - Teachers in their second to fifth years of teaching may be nominated for the Outstanding Early Career Educator award. The criteria for this award is the same as for any teacher but publicly recognizes the accomplishments of a teacher in the early years of their career.
If you have questions about the nomination process, please email email@example.com or call 309-672-6744 ext. 22302