Return to HeadlinesPlease help us spread the word that Kindergarten registration is open for all new students starting April 22nd!(4)
Kindergarten Transition Fair, Saturday, April 22
Starting kindergarten is an exciting rite of passage for children and parents. The Peoria Public Schools Kindergarten Transition Fair, Saturday, April 22, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Woodruff Career and Technical Center (WCTC), 1800 N.E. Perry Ave., gives parents and children a great introduction to this important step. By finishing many registration details now, parents can be sure that the transition to school will be smooth in August.
- Principals, assistant principals and teachers from each Peoria Public School with kindergarten classrooms will be at the Fair to meet parents and children. Parents can learn details on uniforms, school supplies, schedules and lunches.
- The first 50 children in the door will receive a free t-shirt.
- Each new kindergarten student will receive a packet of books.
- Families will be able to complete registration paperwork. To register, parents must bring a certified copy of their child’s birth certificate, medical records and two proofs of address.
- Representatives from the Peoria County Health Department will help parents search online for birth certificates.
- Shuttles will be available to transport the first 15 families that make the request for immunizations and physicals, from WCTC to East Bluff Heartland Health Center to get all health services completed the same day.
- A light breakfast and lunch will be served.
- The UnityPoint Wellmobile will be offer free blood pressure, blood glucose and cholesterol.
Between late April and early August, each Peoria Public School with kindergarten classrooms will host a Kindergarten Open House to give parents and children a chance to visit the school, see their child’s classroom and meet teachers and other school staff. You can download the complete schedule here. The dates and times of each school’s Kindergarten Open House also are listed on each school’s website calendar. Go to www.peoriapublicschools.org and use the pull-down Our Schools menu to find each school’s webpage, then click on the calendar icon for that school to find a calendar of events for each month.