Degrees and Certifications:
Bachelors of Science - Special Education Masters of Art - Professional School Counselor Masters of Arts - Curriculum & Instruction
Mrs. Sheila A. Stewart
Hello! My name is Mrs. Stewart and I am the Professional School Counselor at Von Steuben Middle School.
As your school counselor, I am able to provide the following services as needed:
· Providing mental, emotional and behavioral support to students and families
· Providing academic support and guidance in educational/career plans
· Organizing appropriate interventions to meet the needs of the students
· Supporting families in crisis and connecting them to community services
· Providing short-term individual counseling
· Collaborating with teachers, administration, and parents in aiding our students on various issues
My foremost goal is to offer support to students, so please do not hesitate to contact me via email email@example.com. I look forward to working together to make this a healthy and successful school year!
This year I am also teaching the 7th Grade AVID class, with 16 students. Our goal is to have speekers in twice a month and to visit at least two colleges, through fund raising at school by working consessions at some of the sporting games and by selling candy after school a few days after school, each month. Family participation is always welcome and strongly encouraged to any AVID activities that we have at the school.
Mrs. Sheila Stewart
Professional School Counselor
AVID Elective Teacher, 7th grade