Casey L. Ahmad
Sterling Middle School Professional School Counselor
Phone: (309)672-6557 ext.28150
Welcome to Sterling Middle School! My name is Casey Ahmad and I am the school counselor. I am very excited to be a part of the Sterling family and look forward to working with each of you. I have been working in Peoria Public Schools for approximately 20 years and love my job! Most of my professional career has been spent working with adolescents in Peoria Public Schools.
Adolescence is a very difficult and challenging time for both children and parents. It is a time of both disorientation and discovery. Many kids announce the onset of adolescence with a dramatic change in behavior around their parents. They're starting to separate from Mom and Dad and to become more independent. At the same time, kids this age are increasingly aware of how others, especially their peers,see them and are desperately trying to fit in. It is important for parents to try to understand adolescent development and to continue to communicate with their child. As a Professional School counselor, I am here to support and help all students and their families. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.What Do School Counselors Do?
- Provide mental, emotional, and behavioral support to students and their families
- Provide academic support
- Organize appropriate interventions to meet the needs of the students
- Support families in crisis and connect them to community services
- Provide individual and group counseling
- Collaborate with teachers, principals, and parents on a wide range of issues