Peoria Public Schools Online Academy offers more choices
Peoria Public Schools Online Academy, offering virtual learning coursework, will launch in January 2019. Through Online Academy, Peoria Public School middle and secondary coursework will be available online to current Peoria Public School students and to home-schooled students, students enrolled in parochial or private schools and even to students residing outside the district’s geographical boundaries.
Students enrolling in Online Academy will receive Peoria Public School credits for completing online courses, just as students enrolled in traditional classes. Virtual learning experiences offer exciting opportunities to students in a variety of circumstances. For example:
- Students can work at their own pace. A class that might traditionally require a full academic year to complete could be completed more quickly.
- Students can take extra electives that may not fit into their class schedules.
- By completing coursework online, students can pursue internships, community service opportunities, travel opportunities, part-time employment or attend to family responsibilities.
- Home-schooled students taking Peoria Public School online courses can earn a high school diploma which can be an advantage in college admissions and scholarships.
- Middle-school students can use Peoria Public School online courses to get a head start earning high school credits including algebra or languages.
Each Peoria Public Schools Online Academy class will be delivered by a certified teacher and students will be able to access one-on-one or group tutoring if necessary.
Peoria Public School Online Academy does not conform to the school district academic calendar. Students can enroll and begin classes any month of the year.
For more information Click here to begin the registration process.
Your Pace • Your Passion • Your Plan