PLEASE SEE OUR ELEARNING PLAN IN CASE OF INCLEMENT WEATHER.
E-Learning Sterling Snow Day/ Inclement Weather Plan
Sterling Middle School 2022-2023
In case school is cancelled for an in-person day of instruction due to inclement weather, students will continue their learning and instruction through:
- Teachers/ students will log into MS Teams and conduct virtual classes. All teachers will be teaching online following the schedule, so students will still have instruction in that content area.
- Teachers will follow a normal schedule and teach their lessons virtually through MS Teams.
- Teacher prep will be 7:30-8:30; Instructional lessons will start at 8:30-2:30; Lunch break will be 11:45-12:15.
- Choice boards or packets of current study will be distributed and divided into content areas (including all core subject areas and encore)- This is ONLY for students that do not have internet access at home to have options of completing work and returning to their teacher. This will allow all students access to learning materials.
- Online programs, Lexia, IXL, and DreamBox are additional options for students to focus on while at home due to inclement weather- differentiated time- this can be done when/if a teacher is working with a small group online on the focus skills.
- Teachers will be connecting with students online through MS teams and calling to get students online to assist and support their students’ educational needs.
- Teachers will be available through email and through MS Teams from 8:30-2:30 PM.
- Students are all assigned stream devices in their homeroom classrooms with a checkout list. Every homeroom teacher has a checkout list labeled with the student's name and computer number that they are assigned. This way, we can track what student has a computer at home and what device number so that we can ensure the computer comes back to school.
- Students that have internet access, but do not have a stream/ computer device will be allowed to check the stream out at the end of the school day with their teacher and take home their device so they can access MS teams, email, and online resource curriculum.
- Students will take their checked-out stream device home in computer cases with the cord.
Schedule for an E-Learning Day through MS Teams
- 7:30-8:30 AM Teacher prep time
- 8:30 AM- all students and teachers MUST be logged on to MS Teams for class
- Period 1 8:30-9:15
- Period 2 9:20-10:05
- Period 3 10:10-10:55
- Period 4 11:00-11:45
- Period 5 11:45-12:15 LUNCH (teachers and students)
- Period 6 12:15-1:00
- Period 7 1:05-1:50
- Period 8 1:55-2:30