• Mrs. Scott's Virtual SEL Room


    School Social Worker

    Bria Scott

    Email: bria.scott@psd150.org




    Happy National School Social Work Week!... - Aurora Public Schools, Aurora,  CO | Facebook




    What is a School Social Worker?

    School Social Workers are trained mental health professionals with a degree in social work who provide services related to a person's social, emotional and life adjustment to school and/or society. School Social Workers are the link between the home, school and community in providing direct as well as indirect services to students, families and school personnel to promote and support students' academic and social success.



     What is mental health?

    Mental health includes our emotional, psychological, and social well-being. It affects how we think, feel, and act. It also helps determine how we handle stress, relate to others, and make choices. Mental health is important at every stage of life, from childhood and adolescence through adulthood.


     Mental health matters





    Mental Health/Abuse/Neglect

    • UnityPoint Health - UnityPlace provides resources and treatment for those in need of emergency response services relating to mental health and addiction disorders. UnityPlace can be reached by phone at 309-681-8084
    • Domestic violence hotline - 1-877-863-6338
    • Department of children, family and services - 1-800-25-ABUSE (1-800-252-2873 or TTY 1-800-358-5117)

    Community – food, shelter, rent/utility assistance

    • Heart of Illinois 2-1-1 - Access to information or assistance with food, shelter, clothing, rental/utility assistance, physical or mental health services, transportation assistance, meal delivery. Call 2-1-1 or 309-299-4029 or visit http://211hoi.org/
    • Peoria Cares - The city of Peoria’s Community Development Department aims to promote safe and affordable housing for tenants and homeowners by fighting blight in our neighborhoods. Residents encountering health, life, and safety issues in their rental units are encouraged to report issues to Peoria Cares at (309) 494-2273 or online at peoriagov.org/peoria-cares .
    • Heart of Illinois 2-1-1 - For more information on rental assistance, utility payment assistance, and other services offered in our community, please contact 211 by dialing 2-1-1 or (309) 999-4029 on any phone or visiting 211hoi.org .

    Self-harm and Thoughts of Suicide

    • United Way 211 - 309-999-4029 or call 2-1-1
    • Peoria County Emergency Response Service – 309-671-8084
    • Tazewell, Woodruff County Crisis and Referrals – 309-347-1148
    • Unity Point Crisis - (309) 671-8084 – Any age
    • Children’s Home Crisis (children only) - 309-687-8600