School Attire and Uniforms:
- The Board of Education has adopted a uniform policy for all primary and middle schools.
- All Charter Oak Kindergarten through 4th Grade students are expected to be in full uniform every school day.
- Student attire should be appropriate for the weather.
- The following attire is appropriate:
- Pants, shorts, dresses, or skirts in black, navy blue, or khaki/beige.
- No denim, nylon, or athletic shorts or pants of any color is allowed.
- Shirts must have a collar (polo shirts) or turtle neck in solid red, white, or blue.
- No t-shirts
- Sweaters and sweatshirts may be worn over a uniform shirt during the winter months. They must be solid red, white, or blue. Spirit wear crew neck sweatshirts may also be worn in leiu of jackets in the classroom.
- Sweatshirts or jackets with a hood of any color are not to be worn inside the classrooms.
- As stated in board policy, no coats or jackets are to be worn within the school. Strict adherence to the dress code will be enforced.
- In colder weather, all long sleeve undershirts must have solid school colored arms (red, white, & blue).
- Socks must not be distracting, as determined by school staff.
Spirit Wear Friday & 50 Cent Friday Bottom Buy Out:
- On Fridays, Charter Oak Spirit Wear shirts may be worn with standard uniform bottoms. Spirit Wear shirts must be worn appropriately (no tying/knotting, no cutting or modifying in any way). All other uniform policy guidelines apply.
- We are instituting a 50 Cent Friday Bottom Buy Out this year. This is a weekly, on-going PTC fundraiser that gives students an opportunity to wear non-uniform bottoms (jeans, skirts, basketball shorts, jogging pants, etc.) with their uniform shirt, or spirit wear shirt, for 50 cents each Friday. This is subject to its success.