Peoria Public Schools
Responsive Web Design
Information and Frequently asked questions about Peoria Public Schools' E-Learning/Snow Day Learning
- Where do parents or students find assignments? Assignment information directions are located on each school's website either from the front page or on the teachers' websites.
- What will the snow day learning at home process look like? Teachers will design learning experiences that focus on grade level skills by content area. Learning experiences are to be the equivalent of a five hour day.
- What if my child can't complete the assignments/learning activities because I'm at work? Students will have up to five school days to complete work assigned for emergency days.
- What about special education/self-contained students throughout the district? Developmentally appropriate learning experiences will be provided to students based on teacher selection and design.
- For high school teachers and students, how will learning at home assignments be communicated? Teachers will engage in live instruction throughout the day with students. Students will "move" virtually from period to period on MS Teams.
- Will implementing this procedure result in more snow days? No. The district has no plan to intentionally use all of the days that are permitted unless absolutely necessary when student and staff safety is at issue.
- Can I choose to have my children do both the online learning activities and the take home packet? Yes.
- What if the snow day is announced at 7 a.m. the day of? This has never happened as our buses leave very early in the morning to begin routes as early as 6:00 a.m. Our emergency response team determines the need to cancel by monitoring weather beginning the night before and through the very early hours of the morning.
- Who should I contact for more information or if I am having an issue with the snow day learning? Your building principal.