Peoria Public Schools
Responsive Web Design
The Peoria Public Schools strives to keep schools open for students during the year. In times of inclement weather – primarily snow, ice or extreme cold – the decision to open or close the schools is based on current and anticipated weather and road conditions that will affect families during school hours.
The decision to close schools is based on several variables:
- Actual and projected snowfall and icing.
- Assessment of city street and road conditions.
- Extreme cold conditions
Announcements regarding the cancellation of school or early dismissal of school due to weather will appear on the following venues in this order:
- School district website: peoriapublicschools.org
- School district Facebook page: facebook.com/peoriapublicschoolsdistrict150
- Twitter: @peoria150
- WEEK https://week.com/closings-and-delays/
- WMBD https://www.centralillinoisproud.com/closings-and-delays
- Parentlink voice, text and email alert system. Parentlink alerts will be sent to parents and staff by 6 a.m. Please make sure your school has updated phone numbers and email addresses for your family.