Club, Group, or Activity:
Dr. Kara Lycke
Richwoods High School, Room 603
Educators Rising/Future Teachers of America, FTA, is an extra-curricular school organization with the mission of engaging the interest of any Richwoods HS student who is interested in the possibility of a career in teaching or education. Students can join the club at any time. Officers will be elected.
Members of EdRising/FTA share in the club’s decision-making by participating in a program that recognizes the importance of these priorities:
- Education’s role in a democratic society
- Student’s role as a change agent
- Exploration of educational careers
- Leadership experiences
- Development of community partnerships
· Gain insights into working with children, peers, and educators in public schools as well as with community members and leaders.
· Participate in a variety of educational and cultural experiences through active participation in an EdRising/FTA Chapter.
· Activities may include educational activities with young students in area schools, tutoring in a variety of subject areas in area schools, arranging and hosting guest speakers, assist teachers with responsibilities, college preparation for pursuing a degree and a career in education, role playing and discussions, interact with community members, write articles and editorials for local publications, and plan activities to observe American Education Week, usually in November.