Mr. Rayner's Webpage
Hello everyone! First, I just want to say that I hope everyone is staying safe and practicing the proper Social Distancing and masks wearing due to the continued COVID-19 situation in our state and the US. Currently, we are still in a Remote Learning situation. I will be on MS Teams DAILY with live workout sessions for each of my classes. Ms. Duncan and myself will be following a 30-day workout program called HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) and the students will have a few quizes about the program. So, it is important to attend class everyday not only to get a quality workout but to also learn information on the HIIT program, so you do well on your quizes. We will also do some dancing every Friday, a break from HIIT called Fun Dance Friday! At the end of the 30 days of HIIT we will revisit some of those workouts again to see if we improved our abilities. Below I will put the class numbers and times for their DAILY meetings.
(WHILE REMOTE LEARNING) PARENTS....please make sure that your student(s) are logging on for gym everyday. It is important to get them a break from sitting in front of the screen, give them a workout, and some physical activity. It is good for them physically and mentally. Every class is graded so it is important to attend and not miss information/instructions. My email is listed below if you have any questions or concerns please reach out to me.
(WHEN IN-PERSON AT SCHOOL) PARENTS....please make sure your students wear tennis shoes/athletic sneakers everyday or bring them to school to change into for gym class. They will be unable to participate/engage in activities in sandals or boots due to it being a safety issue. This will effect their gym grade if it happens often. Also, please remind students not to horse play/play fight and to follow the district's cell phone policy to avoid negative consequences. THANK YOU in advance for your help in these areas!
This year I am again on a split school schedule. I spend hours 1-4 at Von Steuben Middle School and then hours 6-8 at Calvin Coolidge Middle School. The best way to reach me is by my district email as I will be traveling from building to building each day. Feel free to email me at anytime about any issues and I will respond to you ASAP. My district email address is firstname.lastname@example.org (RIGHT NOW I TEACH ALL FROM CC AND HOURS/TIMES ARE DIFFERENT. I WILL LIST BELOW).
Remote Learning Calvin Coolidge class numbers/times for DAILY PE
6th grade (602)- 1st hour DAILY from 8:30 am- 8:50 am
9:30 am- 12:30 pm- I am teaching my VON STEUBEN classes and have my lunch break in between.
8th grade (801)- DAILY from 12:47 pm- 1:07 pm
7th grade (701)- DAILY from 1:08 pm- 1:28 pm
8th grade (803)- DAILY from 1:28 pm- 1:48 pm
These times will change and my class numbers might change after we return to in-person learning later this year.
Just an FYI parents in case of a snow day and/or Emergency Days, Ms. Duncan and myself have Physical Education activities posted with directions on the Calvin Coolidge homepage with each grade levels links for other classroom subject's for all grades 5th-8th. It is also listed here below. Some reading/writing assingments are on the actual homepage per grade level. Thank you. We might also try to use MS Teams and do a live workout on Snow Days if the students still have streams available.
E-Learning Activities for Physical Education
Calvin Coolidge Middle School
Justen Rayner / Kalia Duncan
The PE requirement for these E-Learning days is to choose activities from each list and perform them at home. Each list will direct how many activities are required. Once they are completed document what you have done on a piece of paper. Write your name and date on the paper and have your parent or guardian sign it and return to PE the next day that school is in session. If we have multiple E-Learning days in a row, each day you will complete activities for PE but they have to be different each day. Enjoy your day. Here are the activity categories and directions:
Static Movement Plyometric
(25 times) (30 times) (5 times for 1 minute each)
Choose 1 Choose 1 Choose 1
Jumping Jacks Stair Steps Forearm Planks
Burpees Hi Knees (in place) Side Planks
Sit Ups Butt Kicks (in place) Wall Sits
Push Ups Tuck Jumps Inverted Planks (belly up)
Trunk Rotations Hi Knee Skip Run in Place
Mountain Climbers Jump Squats Calf Raises (continuous)
Bicycle Riders (on back) Squats Chair Dips
Wall Push Ups Bear Crawl Shoulder Shrugs (continuous)
(around the living room)
Lunges Monster Walk Jump Lunges (continuous)
(around the living room)
Wacky Jacks Crab Walk Shoulder Shrugs (continuous)
(around the living room)
CALVIN COOLIDGE PE DEPARTMENT GYM EXPECTATIONS
1. Students MUST wear tennis shoes to participate/engage. If no shoes, student will be asked to sit out and grade will be lowered. This is a safety issue!
2. No gum, candy, or food in gym. (Unless permission given. Example is 1st hour breakfast)
3. HAVE FUN!
4. Stay off of bleachers and locker room ramp areas.
5. Keep hands and feet to self.
7. Follow directions and game rules.
8. No tumbling or flipping. This is a safety issue!
9. Ask permission to get water or go to bathroom. This is a safety issue! (Only one boy and girl out at a time for water/bathroom. Exception is at end of the hour and a teacher is supervising by the door to let more kids out for water.)
10. Always take a Hot Pass from the teacher if leaving the gym area for any reason.
11. DISPLAY GOOD TEAMWORK AND SPORTSMANSHIP SKILLS!
Consequences for repeatedly not following gym expectations
1. Reminder of the expectations from the teacher.
2. Verbal warning to correct the negative behavior choice and possible loss of points.
3. 1-on-1 talk with the teacher, short time away from the activity, loss of points.
4. Out for the rest of class, loss of points, possible parent contact.
5. LAST RESORT- possible buddy room, call office to have student removed, possible referral, parent contact, and possible meeting with parent and/or administrator.
ULTIMATE GOAL- 100% ENGAGEMENT/PARTICIPATION!
- Students need to be engaged and put forth an effort everyday in order to learn, stay fit, and keep healthy!
- Any questions please feel free to ask myself or the other gym teacher Ms. Duncan, thanks and let's have a great school year.
MR. RAYNER- My district email is email@example.com