Welcome! Greetings to all of my 4th graders and their families. You will find the materials and resources needed to be engaged in learning from home.
Parents and students this week will be utilized for teacher planning so that we are ready for online learning to start on Monday, 4/6/2020. I will be contacting all of my students so they know how to find all of the materials and supplies that they will need to accomplish our engaging, online learning experiences. I look forward to interacting with all of you next week. I have missed your smiling faces!
Posted below you will find our daily online learning schedule. I will also be adding resources that you can use for your online learning.
E Learning Resources- go to peoriapublicschools.org/Domain/2738 for learning at home resources.
Our class has an MS Teams webpage in which I can send your child's login information. We will use our MS Teams sites for assignments and communication. Virtual lessons will also be posted on the MS Teams sites.
4th Grade Daily Schedule for Remote Learning
- 8:15-9:00: Reading Independent reading time, work on myON or Lexia
- 9:00-10:00: Reading Journeys story, or novel (anchor text, pair text)-posted on YouTube or HMH. Write in Reader (comprehension and vocabulary).
- 10:00-11:00: Break and Language Arts Spelling Practice (spellingcity.com ,ABCya.com). 20 minute movement break, (gonoodle.com)
- 11:00-12:00: Math
Engage New York Lessons, Fractions; Prodigy, Zearn lesson, Cool Math.
- 12:00-12:30 LUNCH Eat a healthy lunch and fuel your brain and body for an afternoon of learning!
- 12:30-1:30 Encore
Art: Draw, color, paint or chalk. Use arthub.com youtube. You can also provide cheer for your families and neighbors by doing the "Hearts in Windows" activity. STEAM: Create or build something new using recycled items. Conduct an experiement using your new "product." PE: Mr. Leitner will post some fun activities for you! You can also do jumping jacks, push ups, sit-ups, and jump rope. You can also go outside for a walk, weather permitting.
Music: You can record songs that you can sing along with and share with a family member. You can Youtube songs for Just Dance
- 1:30-2:30 Social, Emotional Learning and Journaling Ms. Brown will be helping us with some of our SEL lessons. Mrs. Pohl and Ms. Hight will also be joining us for some lessons. We will continue to work on our Lions Quest lessons and do some additional work in our Journal Notebooks.
- 2:30-3:45 Student Discovery
Choose an activity from today and do an "extension lesson." Find out more about the subject or topic that you are studying. What additional resources can you find. Please share them with the rest of the class in MS Teams. Summarize your day for your teacher and family in your online journal. Your teacher will be providing feedback each day in your journal.