Hello! Welcome to Marita Tuggle's Website for the 2017-2018 School Year.Name: Marita J. TuggleGrade: 10-12 Resource EnglishEmail: firstname.lastname@example.orgRoom #: 304
Welcome to Richwoods High School!
I am very excited to see everyone and get to know our freshmen and their parents! I teach Special Education Resource English grades 9-12. I love teaching English and work hard to prepare lessons that are interesting, meaningful and provide each student with the tools they need to read, write and interpret written language well. We follow the regular division curriculum and use the same text book. Because our classes are smaller, I am able to provide additional supports and not be hurried in our lessons.
I have listed some TIPS below to help my students be successful in English:
* Come to school every day and be on time
* Bring your supplies with you every day (assigned book, paper/notebook, something to write with)
* Participate in class discussions - ask questions, answer questions, look for deeper meaning, investigate alternative answers, support your answers with direct evidence from our reading
* Write your assignments and upcoming tests and quizzes in your student planner - IT HELPS!
* Study in study skills and at home for all quizzes and tests - I will provide your SS teacher with worksheets each week for practice!
* Complete all work that is assigned to you - don't be afraid to get things wrong!
* Make arrangements to meet with me before or after school if you need extra help
* Come to after school tutoring if you are falling behind, or don't understand something! I'm here every Thursday from 2:45-3:45
A Note to Parents:
I stay in regular contact with my parents. You will receive emails from me about your child’s progress, any concerns I have and celebrations. I encourage your feedback and questions as well. We are a team and your input and support is vital to my success as a teacher and your child’s success in school. I can’t do it well without you! The best way to reach me is through email, because we don’t have easy access to phones. My plan period this year is fourth hour, so I will do most of my correspondence during this time. I will do my best to post a weekly schedule of our lessons on here, however, please realize that your child is responsible for keeping track of any changes or adjustments that we make to the schedule in class.
About Me:Professionally, I have degrees in English and Education. I have masters degrees in English, Special Education and Educational Leadership. I am also a National Board Certified Master Teacher. I taught regular education English for almost 8 years before going back to school to earn my special education endorsement. I have been teaching special education English ever since, and really enjoy teaching Resource English because it's a great balance of the two!
On a personal note, I have two adult children and two grandchildren. I have a great big dog named Toby and I talk about him ALL the time. In my free time I enjoy reading, gardening (flowers), decorating (more like moving things around the house), and spending time with family and friends.
I really look forward to working together and making this a great year! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you ever have any questions or concerns.My email address is email@example.com.
Mrs. Tuggle :)(& Toby, too!)