Hello! Welcome to Marita Tuggle's Website for the 2019-2020 School Year.Name: Marita J. TuggleGrade: 9-12 Vocational English, Study SkillsPlan Period: 1st hourRoom: #304Email: email@example.comTwitter: @MJTugzTUTORING: Tuesday and Thursday 2:45-3:45 or with appointmentWelcome to Richwoods High School!
* Come to school every day and be on time
* Bring your supplies with you every day (assigned book, paper/notebook, something to write with)
* Participate in class discussions - ask questions, answer questions, look for deeper meaning, investigate alternative answers, support your answers with direct evidence from our reading
* Write your assignments and upcoming tests and quizzes in your student planner - IT HELPS!
* Complete all work that is assigned to you - don't be afraid to get things wrong!
* Make arrangements to meet with me before or after school if you need extra help * Come to after school tutoring if you are falling behind, or don't understand something! I'm here every Tuesday and Thursday from 2:45-3:45
A Note to Parents:
I stay in regular contact with my parents. You will receive emails from me about your child’s progress, any concerns I have and celebrations. I encourage your feedback and questions as well. We are a team and your input and support is vital to my success as a teacher and your child’s success in school. I can’t do it well without you! The best way to reach me is through email, because we don’t have easy access to phones. My plan period this year is fourth hour, so I will do most of my correspondence during this time. I will do my best to post a weekly schedule of our lessons on here, however, please realize that your child is responsible for keeping track of any changes or adjustments that we make to the schedule in class.
Professionally, I have degrees in English and Education. I have masters degrees in English, Special Education and Educational Leadership. I am also a National Board Certified Master Teacher. I taught regular education English for almost 8 years before going back to school to earn my special education endorsement. I have been teaching special education English ever since, and truly love it\. I'm a fierce advocate for my students and am constantly reflecting on how I can best help them do their best.
On a personal note, I have two adult children and four grandchildren, with another one on the way in December. I have a great big dog named Toby and I talk about him ALL the time. In my free time I enjoy reading, gardening (flowers), decorating (more like moving things around the house), and spending time with family and friends.
I really look forward to working together and making this a great year! Please don't hesitate to contact me if you ever have any questions or concerns.My email address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mrs. Tuggle :)
(& Toby, too!)
SNOW DAYS!! ~ Your snow day work is below. :) *Students have been given a packet with the following information below*
You will need your SNOW DAY packet given to you on or before November 15. If you do not have it, there are links for the materials below. Be safe out there!
Entire Packet: Packet - ALL
ONLY the article: Article only
ONLY the questions: Questions Only