Welcome to Lincoln K8 Computer Class for K-4!
My email: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am the Primary Technology Teacher for grades Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, and Fourth grades. Students usually come to my computer lab once a week for a 45 minute period. Now, we are all learning at home. On the left,(or on the right on a phone) you will find technology links that include educational games for students. I have also included links that teachers and parents may find helpful. A disclaimer: I am providing these links as possible helps for you, but I don't necessarily endorse every item/view on every website.
- Every week, I will have an assignment for Grades K, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, & 4th on Microsoft Teams. I will also post non-technology assignments if you don't yet have a computer. Look to the Homework and Assignments link for your assignments.
- When you sign into Teams, go to Computers and look for the weekly assignment. After you have completed it, make sure you click the button and Turn In.
- If you don't have access to a computer but are using a phone, there is a "Don't Have a Computer" assignment for you. If possible, your parent could email me that you did the work.
- MS Teams has an app that can be downloaded on a computer or phone (iOS 10.0 or later; Android 4.4 or later).
- Peoria Public Schools has a very good instruction sheet on how to get into Teams. Go to their website, click on the white words at the top that say "Students and Parents", then go to "MS Teams for EDU". That directory has other very useful information on Remote Learning, plus how to download Teams if you can't get it to work any other way.
- Students, once you get your assignment done, feel free to go to my Student links and try out some fun and educational websites.
ANOTHER WAY TO GET INTO MS TEAMS
1. Get on Chrome.
2. Search for "MS Teams".
3. Look for the webpage link that says "teams.microsoft.com" and click on it.
4. Look for "Sign In" and click on it
5. Sign in with your school email address:
email: student id number @students.psd150.org
password: 8 digit birthdate
A WAY TO GET INTO TEAMS USING THE MICROSOFT OFFICE PRODUCT PAGE
1. Get on Chrome.
2. Type in "office.com" in the address bar.
3. This will take you to the Microsoft products page.
4. Click on the Sign In button and sign in using your school email and password.
5. You will now see all the Office products, including Teams and Outlook (your email). These are all considered online.
Remember these tips:
a) There are no spaces in your email or your password.
b) Spell the word "students" correctly. Remember the s at the end.
c) There are two periods or dots in your email--one after the word students and one after the number zero
d) Your student ID number has six numbers. You use it to log into your computer at school--(I call it your top number).
e) Your password has eight numbers--2 digit month; 2 digit day; 4 digit year (I call it your bottom number).
Look on the side or top to find links to important information.
- Homework and Assignments will give students the Learning Anywhere, Anytime assignments that are pertinent for Computer Class.
- Student Technology Links will take you to websites that students may enjoy.
- Teacher/Parent Technology Links are for adults who are looking for extra resources.