Welcome to Lincoln K8 Computer Class for K-4!
My email: kathleen.gondeck@psd150.
May 27, 2020
Thank you to all the families who returned their Streams and charging cords, library books, and textbooks last week! If you were unable to do so, please call the Lincoln K8 office at 309-672-6542 and make arrangements for bringing the computer to the school. All Streams and cords must be returned for processing. Thank you.
A WAY TO GET INTO MS TEAMS
1. Click on Chrome.
2. Search for "MS Teams."
3. Click on the webpage link that says "teams.microsoft.com."
4. Look for "Sign In" and click on it.
5. Sign in with your school email address:
email: student id number @students.psd150.org
password: 8 digit birthdate
A WAY TO GET INTO TEAMS USING THE MICROSOFT OFFICE PRODUCT PAGE
1. Get on Chrome.
2. Type "office.com" in the address bar.
3. The Microsoft products page will open.
4. Click on the Sign In button and sign in using your school email and password.
5. You will now see all the Office products, including Teams and Outlook (your email). These are all considered online.
Remember these tips:
a) There are no spaces in your email or your password.
b) Spell the word "students" correctly. Remember the s at the end.
c) There are two periods or dots in your email--one after the word students and one after the number zero
d) Your student ID number has six numbers. You use it to log into your computer at school--(I call it your top number).
e) Your password has eight numbers--2 digit month; 2 digit day; 4 digit year (I call it your bottom number).
HOW TO SIGN OUT OF TEAMS SO YOUR BROTHER OR SISTER CAN SIGN IN TO THEIR TEAMS
1. Click on the circle with your initials (your profile). It's up in the right corner.
2. Slide down the white box and click on Sign Out.
3. Wait until it completely signs that person out before the next person signs in.
HOW TO GET INTO YOUR EMAIL FROM TEAMS, ONLINE
1. Go to the waffle in the left top corner of your Teams page--it is the 9 dots in rows.
2. Click on it and several choices will pop up.
3. Click on Outlook.
4. Your email will open up in another tab.
HOW TO SEND AN EMAIL TO YOUR TEACHER FROM OUTLOOK
1. Click on New Message (on left).
2. In the To box, type in your teacher's first and last name. Their name might automatically pop up.
If you don't know their first name, type in their last name and the computer will search for it. It may pop up.
3. All teachers' emails are in this format: Firstname.Lastname@psd150.org
4. Add A Subject: This is like a title. You can put "Hi" or something else.
5. Click your mouse in the space below the Add a Subject line. Now you can type your message.
6. When done, go up to the top and click on Send, by the arrow.
Your message has now been electronically mailed to your teacher.
The next time they look in their email, they will find it.
HOW TO ANSWER AN EMAIL IN OUTLOOK
1. You are in your email (see above for how to do that).
2. It will probably open up with your Inbox. If not, click on Inbox on the left.
3. Select the email to which you wish to reply.
4. Click on the single curved arrow.
5. The Reply box will pop up. Type your message in the box and click on Send.
HOW TO COMMUNICATE WITH YOUR TEACHER
1. By email: Once you are in Microsoft Teams, you can get on Microsoft Outlook and send an email. Instructions are above.
2. By app-Some teachers are using an app on their phone, like "Remind." You can text the teacher this way. Check on their webpage to see if they are using Remind.
3. By Teams-There are two ways to communicate in Teams.
a) Posts-When on a Team, select"Posts" at the top, right next to the word "General." Go down to the bottom and click where it says "Start a new conversation." If you want to specifically address the teacher, type the at symbol and then their name, like @KathleenGondeck. Their name should pop up and you can click on it. Everyone in the class can see Posts.
b) Chat-When on a Team, look to the left column and click on "Chat." Go down to the bottom of the screen and type in the box that says Type a New Message. This message will go directly to the teacher.
The teacher will get a notification for activity in both Posts and Chat.
Please remember that all messaging and emails are monitored. All communication should be polite. As we Mustangs say: "We are ELITE."
Look on the side or top to find links to important information.
- Homework and Assignments will give students Remote Learning assignments that are pertinent for Computer Class.
- Student Technology Links will take you to websites that students may enjoy.
- Teacher/Parent Technology Links are for adults who are looking for extra resources.