2018-2019 After- School Latchkey Program
Welcome to Whittier Primary School’s Latchkey Program. Our program is designed to provide before and after school care for our Whittier students in kindergarten through fourth grade. We are excited about caring for your children.
Our Purpose is to provide top quality, reliable childcare to your children before and/or after school throughout the school year. Our program offers a variety of activities including (but not limited to) homework assistance, play time, arts and crafts, computers, games, quiet time and a light snack.
Policies and Procedures
Enrollment in the Latchkey Program constitutes an understanding that you will abide by the policies and procedures of Whittier Primary School, as follows:
Hours of Operation
Mornings: 6:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m.
Afternoons: 3:30 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
S.I.P. Days: 11:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.CHILDREN MUST BE SIGNED IN AND OUT EACH DAY BY PARENT OR GUARDIAN
Every effort must be made to have your children picked up on time. If for any reason late pick-ups occur, a late fee will be charged. A $5.00 late fee will be charged for every five minutes after 6:00 p.m.
Late fees must be paid directly to the Latchkey Supervisor. The Latchkey Supervisor is available at the school daily from 8:30 a.m. – 10:30 a.m. All overtime charges will be documented and childcare services will be terminated after the third offense.
Latchkey services will not be in operation on school holidays or teacher institute days. If school is cancelled due to weather, etc., Latchkey will also be cancelled.
Latchkey will be available in the mornings on half days of school. Latchkey services will also be available on these early dismissal days from 11:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. for an additional $10.00 fee. Provision for lunch (order sandwiches, sack lunch, etc.) may be arranged by the Latchkey caregivers.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE PROGRAM
Parents wishing to withdraw their children from the Latchkey program must provide a statement (in writing) at least ten (10) days prior to the children’s last day of service. NO FEES WILL BE REFUNDED.
Please notify staff, in advance, of planned absences. Illnesses should be reported to the school office. If the child needs to be signed out early, due to illness, the office should also be notified. Children involved in extracurricular activities such as clubs, choir, etc., must notify the Latchkey staff, in writing. No child will be dismissed from the program to help another teacher (or for any other reason) unless the request is in writing. Children must sign in after the school activity and may stay until 6:00 p.m.
Children are entitled to a pleasant and safe environment in the Latchkey program. Therefore, we cannot serve children who display disruptive behavior. Students will be expected to follow Whittier’s Code of Conduct in Latchkey the same as they do during regular school hours. Parents will be notified by letter of any misbehavior. After a third letter of display of inappropriate behavior has been sent, the child will be discharged from the program. No refunds will be given. The Principal reserves the right to terminate services for severe behavioral issues at any time.
FEES AND PAYMENTS
Fee charges are based wholy on Latchkey Staff’s attendance records
Part time mornings OR afternoons 1 day $ 5.00/wk
Part time mornings 2-3 days $15.00/wk
Part time afternoons 2-3 days $25.00/wk
Part time mornings & afternoons 2-3 days $30.00/wk
Full time mornings 4-5 days $25.00/wk
Full time afternoons 4-5 days $50.00/wk
Full time mornings & afternoons 4-5 days $60.00/wk
S.I.P. days only $10.00/day
Note: $15.00 fee for each additional child per family, per week
OTHER IMPORTANT PAYMENT INFORMATION
1. Payments are due on Friday for the current week.
2. Any payment that is not received on time will result in suspension of childcare services. Fees must be paid on a weekly basis.
3. If a student is placed on the “Do-Not-Admit” list and payment is not made within two (2) weeks, the child will be dropped from the Latchkey Program until the account is paid-in-full.
4. Non-sufficient fund checks (NFS) are held until a money order or cash is received to cover the amount of the check. There is a $30.00 charge for NSF checks. If monies due are not paid-in-full by the end of one (1) full week after notice, the child will be discharged from the program. All payments made to the Latchkey Program, after the NSF check, must be in cash or by money order, only. There will be no refund of monies, if terminated.
5. All payments and forms are due prior to services being offered.
6. Please make checks payable to “Whittier Primary School” and include dates of payments in the memo section.
7. Payments are to be place in the payment box located in the Latchkey room and/or office. Do not give payments to Latchkey staff.
We encourage children of all backgrounds to attend.
We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, color, creed, national origin or ethnic background.
Any questions should be directed to the Principal of Whittier Primary School. (See the front cover of this Handbook for contact information.