By David Kapuler
I decided to revisit a post I've done on sites for educational games. This list, presented in alphabetical order, has a nice mix of subjects and grade levels that teachers can use with their students.
40 Sites for Educational Games
1. ABCya - A great site for games and mobile apps for elementary students.
2. Academic Skill Builders - A wonderful site with learning through the use of multi-player games. Also, there is an educational portal which allows for student tracking.
3. Arcoiris - A nice site for educational games in English and Spanish.
4. Braineos - Games based on flash card in a wide variety of subjects.
5. BrainNook - A fun site for students that focuses on English & Math. Also, there is a teacher portal with lots of resources for educators.
6. Bubbabrain - Lots of game for all grade levels that allows teachers to create games too.
7. Cackleberries - A virtual world filled with educational games for kids 3-7 yrs old in a safe environment.
8. Clever Island - Excellent games for kids 3-8 yrs old in a wide variety subjects such as: Math, Reading, Spelling, etc.
9. Cookie - A great site for educational games and teacher resources.
10. Creativity Games - Learn through the use of creativity brain training games.
11. Creating Music - A fun site for learning music through the use of educational games and other online activities.
12. DimensionU - An innovative site for learning math in a 3D virtual world.
13. Fish Smarty - Excellent site for online learning through the use of educational games. There is an educational portal for student tracking as well.
14. Fuel the Brain - A wonderful site to learn elementary skills such as math, science and reading. Lots of educational resources too!
15. Funbrain - One of the most popular sites for educational games for kids K-8 yrs old.
16. Funschool - A wide variety of games, activities, and videos for kids.
17. Game Classroom - Games for students K-6th grade in math and LA with lots of resources such as: worksheets, videos, and more.
18. Gamequarium - A popular site with lots of games in a wide variety of subject areas.
19. GameUp - A innovative site from the creators of BrainPop where the games are based on their interactive animated videos.
20. Kidz Page - A fun site for educational games PreK-8th grade.
21. Learning Games for Kids - A great site for educational games on lots of different subject areas.
22. Lure of the Labyrinth - An innovative game for middle school pre-algebra students.
23. Magnahigh - Math games for K-12 with educational portal.
24. MinecraftEdu - A unique game based on the popular PC designed for schools.
25. PhyFun - Physics-based games for all grade levels.
26. Pipo Games - A nice site for educational games for ages 3-12 yrs. A paid site unlocks all the features.
27. Play Brighter - A fantastic site filled with educational games on a wide variety of subjects, built on its unique anime style interface.
28. Play Kids Games - A fun site for educational games in subject areas such as math, vocabulary and geography.
29. Power My Learning - A great all-in-one site for education filled with games, videos, resources and more.
30. Sheppard Software - A nice site with lots of games on different subject areas.
31. Skoolbo - Wonderful educational games for core skills in the primary grade levels.
32. Spelling Connections - A cool site for spelling and vocabulary games with educational portal.
33. Teaching with Portals - A very innovative game based on the popular console/PC game Portal, with lots of lesson plans to be found.
34. Tucoola - A great site for skill-building games for the younger kids with student tracking.
35. Tutpup - A cool site for math and spelling where kids compete against each other.
36. Vedoque - A nice site for educational games PreK - 8th grade.
37. What2Learn - A excellent site for educational games where teachers can create games and track students with a paid account.
38. Yogome - A great site/company with lots of innovative games and mobile apps on recycling and more.
39. Zondle - Interesting games that support learning and can be embedded into a site.
40. ZooWhiz - A fun site for kids 5 - 15 yrs to develop Math and Reading skills by creating their own virtual zoo.