Key Club Faculty Advisor: Mrs. Deanna Osborne
Kiwanis Advisor: Margaret Toniny, Kiwanis Club of Peoria
What is Key Club?
Key Club is the oldest and largest service program for high school students. It is a student-led organization that teaches leadership through service to others. As members of the Kiwanis International family, Key Club has approximately 250,000 members in approximately 5000 clubs. There are Key Clubs in 30 Countries.
Key Club is an international student-led organization which provides its members with opportunities to provide service, build character, and develop leadership.
Service Projects students have been involved with @RHS thru Key Club:
- Peoria Illinois River Sweep (September)
- Pioneer Days –Sommer Park (September)
- Hayrides & Hotdogs – Sommer Park (October)
- Kiwanis Club of Peoria Pancake Breakfast (October)
- Habitat for Humanity – Family Fun Day (October)
- Howl-zoo-ween – Peoria Zoo (October)
- You’ve Been Boo’d Haunted House (October)
- United Way – RHS sends 2 students every month to their Youth Committee meetings
- Santa Klaus Parade in downtown Peoria (November)
- Cupcake sale @ school we earn money for the club (November)
- Crush Soda Can Sale (February) proceeds go to Spastic Paralysis
- Easter Egg Hunt Peoria Zoo (March)
- Sell Easter Eggs @ RHS proceeds go to Easter Seals (March)
- Keep Peoria Beautiful (April)
- We sold concessions at all the home Freshman boys
- Provided concessions at all home girls/boys swim meets
- Will join Interact this year for Halloween night at RHS
- We attend 2 Kiwanis luncheons per year
- Last year our President won the Kiwanis scholarship awarded to a senior each year
- Had a movie night last year during homecoming week in the auditorium
- We also did several other volunteer opportunities in the community last year
Meetings: We meet in the Computer Lab, Room 183, 1:30PM., every other Wednesday (twice a month). Our meeting times are always posted on our bulletin board we maintain in the 300 hall and in the Art hallway outside of the computer lab #183. We also post signs around the school. We have 6 elected officers.