Woodruff Career and Technical Center
Web 2.0 Tools
Web 2.0 is about users and content instead of surfing on the Internet. It's more like what can the Internet do for me as a creator, a collaborator, and an active participant, rather than a passive viewer of what is out there on the web.
Staff: Please refer to the District policy regarding communication between staff and students. Staff is prohibited from using a non-district approved website. Also, staff and students cannot upload videos without prior approval.
Instructional Technology DepartmentThe district's Instructional Technology departmentPinpointAn exciting way to bring students, teachers, parents, and administrators together in one continuous, holistic learning environment.http://www.psd150.org/site/default.aspx?PageType=3&ModuleInstanceID=5446&ViewID=E324842B-E4A3-44C3-991A-1E716D4A99E3&RenderLoc=0&FlexDataID=11952&PageID=162What is PinPoint video.http://www.psd150.org/cms/lib/IL01001530/Centricity/Domain/9/PSD150%20Pinpoint%20Overview%2004.17.12_1.pdfA learning management system designed to be an integrated instructional and management tool that will improve academic outcomes, personnel workflows, and the educational experiences of students, teachers, and administrators.GaggleSafely providing today’s technology to meet students where they learn.Free Web-based email, calendar & documents for collaborative study anytime, anywhere.Google linksVimeoVimeo makes it easy to upload the videos you take. We support many different kinds of file formats, including HD, and give you great tools so you can make sure your videos look amazing.
- Apps for the iPod touch and iPad - A work-in-progress index of FREE educational apps to download on your iPod touch or iPads. Great for use in the classroom setting. Please email us if you have any recommendations not on our list!
- Audio/Podcasting- Online audio broadcasting. Find information about how to create and modify audio files.
- Blogs - Information on creating, maintaining, teaching with and sharing blogs.
- Collaboration - Share and manage your documents with these tools.
- File Converters - Change a variety of different file formats into another format with these tools.
- Graphic Organizers - Use these tools to create a picture representation of relationships betweens facts, terms and ideas.
- Html Editors - Html is used to create web pages. Use these tools to create tags for the creation of a Web site without the need to memorize HTML code.
- Open Source - Open source are programs that have not been copyrighted and the coding is free for everyone to look at and modify if they want. Many of these tools can be used in an educational setting.
- Organization Tools - Many tools are on the Internet to help with your organization such as: digital note-taking, to-do lists, project management, and personal organization tools.
- PLN Tools - Personal Learning Network - A PLN is a collection of people with whom you engage and exchange information, usually online. There are many tools that help you in creating your own personal PLN for professional development and collaborations with people from around the world.
- Presentation Tools - Presentation tools are for sharing content with others and allow the user to insert text, audio, pictures, and videos. Use these web2.0 tools to share information in attractive formats.
- Social Bookmarking - Social bookmarking on the Internet allows users to store, save, categorize and organize a personal collection of bookmarks and share them with others. There are numerous tools on the Internet that have these abilities and more for sharing websites with others.
- Survey Makers - Create your own surveys with these easy to use tools.
- Video / Photo - Editors and enhancers for video and photo files.
- Web Browsers - Browswer that can help you when you are offline or too busy to read it now.
- Wiki - Wikis are websites that allow easy creation and editing of any number of interlinked web pages by a group of people to collaborate information.
- Word Cloud Generators - Turn your text into word clouds, visual graphic displays, with these tools. Each tool has individual features that set them apart.
Other linksCan be used to transform photos, video clips, and music into video.Explore a collection of Apple video tutorials, classroom guides, and web pages for educators.Blackboard can help you transform the educational experience within every step of the student lifecycle.Canvas is designed to help you, as a teacher, transform learning.ClassDojo is a classroom tool that helps teachers improve behavior in their K-8 classrooms quickly and easily. It also captures and generates data on behavior that teachers can share with parents and administrators.Collect and highlight and then remember.Edmodo provides teachers and students a secure place to connect and collaborate, share content and educational applications, and access homework, grades, class discussions and notifications. The goal is to help educators harness the power of social media to customize the classroom for each and every learner.Use engaging videos to create customized lessons. You can use, tweak, or completely redo any lesson featured on TED-Ed, or create lessons from scratch based on any video from YouTube.Collaborate on projects with classrooms from around the world.EverFi is focused on teaching, assessing, badging, and certifying students in critical skills.Creatively express your knowledge and skills through interactive posters, class projects, and much more.The IRIS Center is a national center that aims to provide high-quality resources and professional development providers about students with disabilities.Moodle is a software package for producing Internet-based courses and web sites. It is a global development project designed to support a social constructionist framework of education. It is a free web application that educators can use to create effective online learning sites.MYCaert provides teachers with an integrated online system to plan, document, deliver, and assess Career & Technical Education instruction. It not only allows access to a complete selection of instructional components, but also serves as a classroom organizational and management tool.OpenClass is an amazing learning environment that’s open, easy, and completely free. Discover how OpenClass is helping educators and institutions deliver effective, interactive learning experiences to students everywhere.SchoolNotes provides teachers with a virtual environment, giving the ability to post classroom or school oriented information.Voice-Over whiteboard tutorials to share on-line. The easiest way to create and share lessons on the i-Pad.This is a program where students can practice spelling words.Socrative is a smart student response system that empowers teachers to engage their classrooms through a series of educational exercises and games via smartphones, laptops, and tablets.Organize and share the best of the web with your students.Tiki-Toki is web-based software for creating beautiful interactive timelines that you can share on the Internet.We give you a blank page (a wall). You put anything you want on it, anywhere. Simple, yet powerful.A wiki is a space on the Web where you can share work and ideas, pictures and links, videos and media, and anything else you can think of. Wikispaces is special because we give you a visual editor and a bunch of other tools to make sharing all kinds of content as easy for students as it is for their teachers.
Universal Design for Learning provides a blueprint for creating instructional goals, methods, materials, and assessments that work for everyone--not a single, one-size-fits-all solution but rather flexible approaches that can be customized and adjusted for individual needs.