2017-2018 Back to School Information
It is time to start preparing for the 2017-2018 school year! We imagine
you are as excited as we are for this eventful transition! Knowing that
there may be many questions about this transition back to school, we have different
opportunities to help you. Bookmark this page (www.peoriapublicschools.org/enrollment) and check back often as we add more links and information regarding the upcoming school year!
April 22 , 2017 @ Woodruff Career & Technical Center - Kindergarten Transition Fair English / Spanish April - August, 2017 @ Primary Schools - Kindergarten Open House List of Events
Registration Hubs Open @ Richwoods, Peoria High, Manual, and Glen Oak (serving all district families) Hub Flyer
- July 25, 2017 (Tuesday) - 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- July 27, 2017 (Thursday) - 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- July 29, 2017 (Saturday) - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Backpack Peoria event @ Dream Center only / hubs not open)
- August 2, 2017 (Wednesday) - 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- August 5, 2016 (Saturday) - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
July 18, 2017 @ Valeska Hinton Early Childhood Center - First day of school (full day)
July 29, 2017 @ DreamCenter Peoria - Backpack Peoria (9am-2pm) Event Flyer
August 15, 2017 @ 11:59 p.m., Online enrollment closes for returning students
August 16, 2017 @ all schools except Valeska Hinton - First day of school (full day)
Incoming Kindergarten Students
Many of our Peoria Public Schools have a
site-based Kindergarten Round-Ups you can visit and attend in addition to the Kindergarten Transition Fair we hold in April.
Please contact your home school or visit our calendar of kindergarten events for more
information. This is an opportunity for you and your child to see the
school and kindergarten rooms first hand. Talk to your child’s teacher about the transition process from preschool to Kindergarten, or address other issues if you have additional concerns.
Hub Registration Dates
Registration dates are set for all schools and will be held at five locations, however, parents may complete most or all of the forms at home through Family Access. These locations are open to all new and returning students. New student registration packets can be downloaded below or picked up from a registration hub location (Richwoods, Peoria High, Manual, or Glen Oak) on July 25, 27, or August 2 from 8am-6pm or August 5 from 9am-2pm. These student registration dates allow families to turn in their packet (or for returning families to receive assistance in completing Online Enrollment Verification in Skyward Family Access), provide address verification, physical exam and immunization records and pay any fees. Immunizations, physicals and dental exams will also be available at Manual and Peoria High through UnityPoint In-School Health or at Glen Oak through Heartland Health Clinic. Appointments can also be set at all five locations through Heartland Health Clinic.
Returning Students To The District
Online student registration can be completed through the online enrollment verification process starting July 24, 2017 by logging on to Skyward Family Access and clicking on the Enrollment Verification link. A school may request a current proof of address, if needed. Families can also visit the school during the registration hub dates and times listed above to speak to a district or school staff member regarding any questions the family may have. Laptops will be available at each hub for families that need computer access to complete enrollment verification. The Peoria Public Library will also have computers available at its branches for parents to complete online enrollment.
Student Enrollment Requirements:
To register your student, the following documents need to be gathered:
1. Up-To-Date Health Records according to grade level English / Spanish
2. Copy of Birth Certificate
3. Proof of Address English / Spanish - Students enrolling, re-enrolling following a break in attendance, or upon request following returned District mail or contact attempts by the District, must provide address verification by presenting TWO original documents to the school secretary to complete the enrollment process at Peoria Public Schools prior to attending school or by the deadline presented by school staff. All documents must contain the parent/guardian’s full residence address. (see enrollment packet link for list of accepted documents)
4. Enrollment Forms
Packets English / Spanish (kindergarten and new students only) includes:
Informational Items -
1) Parent Receipt (for staff only)
2) Health Requirements Information English / Spanish
3) Address Verification Requirements English / Spanish
4) Start/End Times and Uniform Requirements English / Spanish
5) Peoria Public Schools App English / Spanish
6) BusBulletin Flyer English / Spanish
7) Peoria Public Library Flyer English / Spanish
8) UnityPoint/Methodist In-School Health Flyer English / Spanish
Enrollment Forms -
9) District Enrollment form English / Spanish
10) Release of Information form English / Spanish
11) U.S. Department of Education Race and Ethnicity Data Standards form English / Spanish
12) Home Language Survey form (for Kindergarten and New Students Only) English and Spanish
13) Student Network/Internet Usage Agreement form English / Spanish
14) Medication Authorization Form English / Spanish
15) UnityPoint Health/Methodist In-School Health Services Registration Forms (Optional) English / Spanish
16) Child Health Exam (Health History highlighted for parents to fill out, rest should be completed and signed by physician -OR- all included on physician report) English / Spanish
Family Access (returning district families only)
are no longer required to complete an application to receive login
credentials for Family Access. Once a student is enrolled, visit Family Access and click on "Forgot your Login/Password?" and use the email address you have on file with the District to receive your login information.
5. Extra Forms (these forms will be part of the registration process in late July/early August and will be added to all packets / online enrollments
- District-wide Discipline Handbook English / Spanish - All school handbooks will reference this document for discipline information.
- Free/Reduced Lunch Form English / Spanish - This form is for Richwoods families only and should be used instead of the Fee Waiver Form.
- Fee Waiver Form English / Spanish - This form allows families to apply for a waiver for school fees, in addition to participating in the CEP.
These informational letters and forms will be made available over the summer for all families in a summer mailing packet, mailed during the first week of July. All information will also be available via the links below:
- Superintendent's Letter English / Spanish
- Letter from your Principal see the link for your school to the right
- School Supply List see the link for your school to the right
- School Event Calendar see the link for your school to the right
- District Handbook/Calendar English / Spanish
- School Calendar - District-wide Calendar / Valeska Hinton Calendar
- School Times and Uniform Information English / Spanish
- Health Requirement English / Spanish
- In-School Health Clinic information English / Spanish Located at Peoria High, Manual, Harrison, and Trewyn
- Community Eligibility Provision information English / Spanish
- District Connect App and ParentLink communication from District English / Spanish
- Compass Learning Overview English / Spanish
- Career Cruising Overview English / Spanish
- Parent University Calendar
- Backpack Peoria Event Flyer (July 29th from 9a.m.-2p.m. at DreamCenter Peoria) English / Spanish
- Library card information from Peoria Public Library English / Spanish
- Online Enrollment information and instructions English / Spanish (Open in Family Access starting July 24th)
- Suggested Safe Routes to School - Some schools listed to the right have a link for "Suggested Safe Routes to School." These schools were directly affected by the reconfiguration plan. We will complete suggested routes for all schools during the upcoming school year.
- Bus Pick-Up and Drop-Off Frequently Asked Questions for Parents English / Spanish
- Pedestrian Safety Tips English / Spanish - Parents Guide to review with students
- Bus Bulletin English / Spanish - Learn how you can receive phone calls, emails and text messages about late buses, changes in drivers, route changes and more
- Join our Transportation Team English / Spanish - We are currently hiring for bus drivers and monitors