Calendar of Events
We have reached our attendance limit for our Parent University at Tanners Orchard.
No further RSVPs can be accepted at this time.
Please keep an eye on this page for information about our next District-wide Parent University event coming in March 2019!
About Parent University
For the 2018-2019 school year, Peoria Public Schools will have two District-sponsored Parent Universities: September 27, 2018 and March 21, 2019. By holding only two District-level events, we are giving each school more flexibility to organize its own building-specific parental engagement activities and workshops. With their increased flexibility to tailor monthly activities and workshops, schools can more effectively cover such topics such as: how parents can effectively monitor their child’s grades and attendance; understanding the school’s guidelines and procedures for meeting with teachers; understanding the process of serving on school committees and the school’s PTO; and understanding the school’s homework policy.
During both District-sponsored Parent Universities, our goal is to increase collaboration and involvement between schools, families and the community venue; educate, empower and connect families with resources that build parent and student confidence; enhance character development; and promote life skills to increase the likelihood of family success in academic endeavors. In working toward this goal, we endeavor to ensure families have fun at both venues.
We look forward to seeing you at both Parent University sessions this school year and hope you walk away with the knowledge, skills and confidence needed to assist your child achieve academic, social and emotional success.
- This event is now full and no further RSVPs can be accepted.
- At this time, all spots for wagon rides have been filled. Many other fun activities are still available.
- Shuttle buses will transport from Manual Academy, Peoria High, Richwoods High and Woodruff Career & Technical Center.
- BUS SCHEDULE:
- TO TANNERS: Depart Manual, Peoria High & Woodruff - 4:30 p.m., 4:45 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- TO TANNERS: Depart Richwoods - 4:45 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- FROM TANNERS: To Manual, Peoria & Woodruff - 6:30 p.m., 7:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- FROM TANNERS: To Richwoods - 7:30 p.m. and 8 p.m.
- BUS SCHEDULE:
- Dinner will be provided.
- STUDENT MENU: hot dog, chips, an apple cider donut and fresh apple cider
- ADULT MENU: pulled pork sandwich, chips, an apple cider donut and fresh apple cider
- While at Tanners, you can enjoy:
- Face painting by Wild Style artists
- A wagon ride (**Space is limited. Those planning to drive should arrive by 5 p.m. for the first wagon ride.)
- Playtime in the Back 40 Fun Acres
- Tour of Tanners packing shed
- The Tanners store will be open for purchases
- All students will receive a mini pumpkin and coloring book to take home.
For more information call (309) 672-6512.