A Look Back at Mark Bills History
Mark Bills Elementary School was constructed from 1975-1977.The school was intended to be a kindergarten through eighth grade building. It was dedicated and opened for the 1977-78 school year. The school was named after Mark W. Bills, a former superintendent of District 150 from 1955-1968. The school became a middle school starting with the1986-1987 school year. Jim Troy was principal from the opening in 1977-1978 through 1986-1987. Jerry Daugherity was principal from 1987-1988 through 1991-1992. Robert Bethel became principal in 1992-93 and completed his 15th year at the end of the 2006-2007 school year. Mr. Scott Montgomery began his tenure as principal of Mark Bills Middle School in August of 2008. Mrs. Laura Rodgers is the principal at Mark Bills starting the 2011-2012 school year.