Mr. Rayner's Webpage
We are coming down the last home stretch for this school year, let's finish on a positive note. For the last full week May 20th-24th in class we will be focusing on a Wall Ball Unit. We will review/re-visit some drills/skills we learned in this unit previously and apply that into our re-visit of this unit now. All of my units/activities will stress to students the importance of teamwork and sportsmanship skills. The game play will teach and help them to develop several different types of physical movements and skills. They can use those skills in every other unit we do throughout the rest of the school year. REMINDER- Thursday and Friday we will have whole school activities that will effect the gym schedule. Thursday will be our Haitian Heart Walk and Friday we will have our annual Field Day.
PARENTS....please make sure your students wear tennis shoes/athletic sneakers everyday or bring them to school to change into for gym class. They will be unable to participate/engage in activities in sandals or boots due to it being a safety issue. This will effect their gym grade if it happens often. Also, please remind students not to horse play/play fight and to follow the district's cell phone policy to avoid negative consequences. THANK YOU in advance for your help in these areas!
Mr. Rayner's Daily Schedule
1st Hour- 7:30 am- 8:10 am- PREP PERIOD
2nd Hour- 8:12 am- 8:52 am- Mrs. VanC's class (708/807)
3rd Hour- 8:54 am- 9:34 am- Mrs. Kuby's class (804)
4th Hour- 9:36 am- 10:16 am- Mrs. Melendy's class (702)
5th Hour- 10:18 am-10:58 am- WIN GROUP in CAFETERIA ON STAGE unless told otherwise in advance.
6th Hour- 11:00 am- 11:40 am- LUNCH/RECESS DUTY
7th Hour- 11:42 am- 12:22 pm- LUNCH/RECESS DUTY
8th Hour- 12:24 pm- 1:04 pm- Mrs. Sheets's class (604)
9th Hour- 1:06 pm- 1:46 pm- Mrs. Butler's class (601)
10th Hour- 1:48 pm- 2:28 pm- Mrs. Week's class (504)
2:30 pm is dismissal time for the students
CALVIN COOLIDGE PE DEPARTMENT GYM EXPECTATIONS
1. Students MUST wear tennis shoes to participate/engage. If no shoes, student will be asked to sit out and grade will be lowered. This is a safety issue!
2. No gum, candy, or food in gym. (Unless permission given. Example is 1st hour breakfast)
3. HAVE FUN!
4. Stay off of bleachers and locker room ramp areas.
5. Keep hands and feet to self.
7. Follow directions and game rules.
8. No tumbling or flipping. This is a safety issue!
9. Ask permission to get water or go to bathroom. This is a safety issue! (Only one boy and girl out at a time for water/bathroom. Exception is at end of the hour and a teacher is supervising by the door to let more kids out for water.)
10. Always take a Hot Pass from the teacher if leaving the gym area for any reason.
11. DISPLAY GOOD TEAMWORK AND SPORTSMANSHIP SKILLS!
Consequences for repeatedly not following gym expectations
1. Reminder of the expectations from the teacher.
2. Verbal warning to correct the negative behavior choice and possible loss of points.
3. 1-on-1 talk with the teacher, short time away from the activity, loss of points.
4. Out for the rest of class, loss of points, possible parent contact.
5. LAST RESORT- possible buddy room, call office to have student removed, possible referral, parent contact, and possible meeting with parent and/or administrator.
ULTIMATE GOAL- 100% ENGAGEMENT/PARTICIPATION!
- Students need to be engaged and put forth an effort everyday in order to learn, stay fit, and keep healthy!
- Any questions please feel free to ask anyone on our PE team listed below.
MR. RAYNER- My district email is firstname.lastname@example.org