Parentlink Phone Calls, Emails and Text messages
Peoria Public Schools regularly sends home announcements via phone, text and email. Parentlink is the system that our district uses to make these mass notifications, whether it is to parents, staff, and/or community members. Student information, along with parent contacts are imported nightly from our Skyward Student Information System. Staff contact information is imported nightly from our Skyward Employee Information System.
Did you know? Parents can download the District App (https://www.peoriapublicschools.org/Page/24399), log in and change the delivery preferences for phone calls, text messages and emails?
Once downloaded and opened on your device, you will find the "student info" icon.
Parents and students can log in using their Family Access username and password.
In addition to the many resources that are available to you in this app, swipe left on the screen to move to the last page in the app and you will see "settings."
You will then click on the second bar, "configure alerts," followed by "delivery preferences" on the next screen.
If you have recorded multiple phone numbers in Skyward, such as home, work and/or mobile, you will be able to select what messages go to what phone numbers and email addresses. However, each message category must have one phone number or email selected. It will not allow you to turn off all contacts.
- "Emergency" is the category that is contacted if the message sender has labeled the message an "emergency". This is typically used for messages that need to be sent out immediately, sent to all contacts connected to the student, such as school lockdown announcements or emergency closures/dismissals.
- "Attendance" is the category that lets you know your child was not in school, missed a class or for some schools, was tardy.
- "Balance" is connected to your lunch balance, however the District doesn't currently send out notifications through Parentlink for this purpose.
- "Survey" is a category that allows us to ask stakeholders for feedback.
- "Other" is the most used category, and is used for regular announcements, such as your Principal's weekly message, District reminders for Parent University and other special events.