The Early Entrance to Kindergarten for the 2020-2021 School Year
Early Entrance to Kindergarten is the admission of a student to kindergarten who will not yet be five years old by Sept. 1st of that school year and whose 5th birthday falls between Sept. 2 and Oct. 31st, as documented by a certified copy of the birth certificate.The process is as follows:
1. Complete the Early Entrance to Kindergarten application. Click HERE for application.
2. Return the completed application to:
Valeska Hinton Early Childhood Center
Attention: Susan Klesath
800 W R.B. Garrett Ave
Peoria, IL 61605
3. Once the application has been received, an appointment will be set for an early numeracy and early literacy screening.
4. The results of the early math and early literacy screening (NWEA MAP Assessment and Kindergarten Screener) will be evaluated and if your child displays academic readiness for kindergarten, he/she will be referred to our team for additional academic and social emotional screening.
5. The process will take approximately four weeks.Applications will be accepted from April 1 through May 22, 2020.