The 2019 track season is here!!
Coach: Mrs. Conard email@example.com
2019 TRACK DATES:
MANDATORY PARENT MEETING choose 1- a morning and evening option:
3/4- 6:00 PM Library
or 3/5- 6:40 AM Room 13
3/7: ALL TRACK FORMS DUE (will receive at parent meeting)
- Sports physical
- Concussion form
- Meet attendance/permission
- Apparel order form
Make sure you sign up for REMIND texts. This is how I will communicate. It is a new sign-up each year.3/14 Practices begin3/19 & 3/21 3:30-4:30 Time Trials @ Peoria High
3/25-3/29 No practice
4/5 4:15 p.m. Track Meet @ Metamora
4/13 9:00 a.m. Concordia Lutheran Invitational
4/18 4:15 p.m. Peoria Heights *(during spring break-optional)*
4/25 4:15 p.m @ IVC Chilicothe
5/2 4:15 p.m East Peoria Central @ Eastside, East Peoria
5/11 10:00 AM Sectionals Saturday @ Tremont (sectional 35-AA)
5/17 & 5/18 State Track Meet https://www.iesa.org/activities/tr/location.asp
We are class AA this year- barely missed the cutoff. Qualifying times linked
5/21 2:40 End of Season Party- Gym @ school
Students will need black running shorts and jerseys* (order forms will be coming) for the meets.Students should have the following for every practice:
· running shoes- Basketball or non-running style shoes can lead to injury. We had several students with shin splints. Also, if shoes are older and the cushion is broken down, it could lead to injury.
· Apparel that works for running and other exercises.
· water bottle (labeled w/ name & homeroom)
· Sweats- MUST have long tops and bottoms for outdoor practices. We do more than just run and we don’t want to risk students getting injured. Wind jackets are great for cold/windy days!
· Hats and gloves- especially if it stays cold.State information:https://www.iesa.org/activities/tr/https://www.iesa.org/activities/tr/standards.asp?Year=2017https://www.iesa.org/activities/tr/IESA-TR_Schedule.pdfCoach: Mrs. Conard firstname.lastname@example.orgWe are a Class AA school this year.