2016-2017 Back to School Information
It is time to start preparing for the 2016-2017 school year! We imagine
you are as excited as we are for this eventful transition! Knowing that
there may be many questions about this transition back to school, we have different
opportunities to help you.
April 23, 2016 @ Woodruff Career & Technical Center - Kindergarten Transition Fair
Registration Hubs Open @ Richwoods, Peoria High, Manual, Lincoln K-8 and Peoria/City County Health Department
July 26, 2016 (Tuesday) - 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- July 28, 2016 (Thursday) - 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- July 30, 2016 (Saturday) - 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. (Backpack Peoria event only / hubs not open)
- August 3, 2016 (Wednesday) - 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- August 6, 2016 (Saturday) - 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
July 30, 2016 @ DreamCenter Peoria - Backpack Peoria (9am-2pm) (see more information below)
August 16, 2016 @ 11:59 p.m., Online enrollment closes for returning students
August 17, 2016 @ all schools - First day of school (full day)
Incoming Kindergarten Students
Many of our Peoria Public Schools have a
site-based Kindergarten Round-Ups you can visit and attend in addition to the Kindergarten Transition Fair we held in April.
Please contact your home school or visit our website calendar for more
information. This is an opportunity for you and your child to see the
school and Kindergarten rooms first hand. Talk to your child’s teacher about the transition process from preschool to Kindergarten; if you have additional concerns.
Hub Registration Dates
Registration dates are set for primary/middle schools and high schools. These locations are open to all new and returning students. New student registration packets can be downloaded below or picked up from a registration hub location (Richwoods, Peoria High, Manual, Lincoln or the Peoria City/County Health Department) on July 26, 28, or August 3 from 8am-8pm or August 6 from 9am-1pm. These student registration dates allow families to turn in their packet (or for returning families to receive assistance in completing Online Enrollment Verification in Skyward Family Access), provide address verification, physical exam and immunization records and pay any fees.
Returning Students To The District
Online student registration can be completed through the online enrollment verification process starting July 25, 2016 by logging on to Skyward Family Access and clicking on the Enrollment Verification link. A school may request a current proof of address, if needed. Families can also visit the school during the registration hub dates and times listed above to speak to a district or school staff member regarding any questions the family may have. Laptops will be available at each hub for families that need computer access to complete enrollment verification. The Peoria Public Library will also have computers available at its branches for parents to complete online enrollment.
Backpack Peoria event
Student Enrollment Requirements:
To register your student, the following documents need to be gathered:
1. Up-To-Date Health Records according to grade level English / Spanish
2. Copy of Birth Certificate
3. Proof of Address English / Spanish - Students enrolling, re-enrolling following a break in attendance, or upon request following returned District mail or contact attempts by the District, must provide address verification by presenting TWO original documents to the school secretary to complete the enrollment process at Peoria Public Schools prior to attending school or by the deadline presented by school staff. All documents must contain the parent/guardian’s full residence address. (see enrollment packet link for list of accepted documents)
4. Enrollment Forms
Packets English / Spanish (kindergarten and new students only)
includes 1) District Enrollment form, 2) Release of Information form,3) Address Verification Requirements 4) U.S. Department of Education Race and Ethnicity Data Standards form, 4) Home Language Survey form, 5) Student Network/Internet Usage Agreement form, 6) Health Requirements Information
Family Access (returning district families only)
are no longer required to complete an application to receive login
credentials for Family Access. Once a student is enrolled, visit Family Access and click on "Forgot your Login/Password?" and use the email address you have on file with the District to receive your login information.
5. Extra Forms (these forms will be part of the registration process in late July/early August and will be added to all packets / online enrollments
- District-wide Discipline Handbook English / Spanish - All school handbooks will reference this document for discipline information.
- Network User Agreement English / Spanish
- Free/Reduced Lunch Form English / Spanish - This form is for Richwoods families only and should be used instead of the Fee Waiver Form.
- Fee Waiver Form English / Spanish - This form allows families to apply for a waiver for school fees, in addition to participating in the CEP.
- Medication Form English / Spanish
- UnityPoint Methodist In-School Health Clinic Consent Form English / Spanish
For Manual, Harrison and Trewyn Schools only
These informational letters and forms will be made available over the summer for all families in a summer mailing packet, mailed during the first week of July. All information will also be available via the links below:
- Suggested Safe Routes to School - Some schools listed to the right have a link for "Suggested Safe Routes to School." These schools were directly affected by the reconfiguration plan. We will complete suggested routes for all schools during the upcoming school year.
- Bus Pick-Up and Drop-Off Frequently Asked Questions for Parents English / Spanish
- Pedestrian Safety Tips English / Spanish - Parents Guide to review with students
- Bus Bulletin English / Spanish - Learn how you can receive phone calls, emails and text messages about late buses, changes in drivers, route changes and more
- Join our Transportation Team English / Spanish - We are currently hiring for bus drivers and monitors